Monday, February 1, 2010
Soon to be part of the Soap Pixie line of products for kids.
melt and pour soap
small suction cups
two popsicle sticks
1. first, remove the metal holder from the suction cups.
2. rub a little oil in your mold (I do this in my plastic molds so it is easier to remove the soap once it hardens)
3. cut a few chunks of melt and pour (amount you melt will depend on the size of mold you will be using).
4. place the chunks in a bowl and melt in the microwave for about 30 - 40 seconds (just long enough to liquify the M&P)
5. remove from microwave and add color and fragrance (to your liking)
6. pour the melted soap into mold of choice.
7. place the popsicle sticks across each mold and embed the suction cups into the soap. The sticks hold the sides of the suction cups so that they don't slip all the way into the soap.
8. once the soap has hardened you can remove them from the mold.
My girls are 2,9 and 13. They all get a kick out of these "stick up" soaps. As with most suction cups you may need to moisten the back a little to get them to hold, depending on the surface they are stuck to. Bathroom tile should have no residue or else suction cups don't adhere well.